1. Create backup and recovery plans
2. Create and manage replication
3. Critically assess the limitations of SQL Server
1. Suppose you joined ABC company as a SQL Server Database Administrator. Your current responsibility is to implement SQL Server database for the HRMS application. There are 3000 users for the HRMS application in the company. You are required to submit a comprehensive plan for implementing SQL Server in ABC company.
Your plan should present following details:
A. Database Server(s) (10 Marks)
• Approach of selecting appropriate server(s) from different vendors (COMPAQ, IBM or HP).
• Justify your selection by comparing and quoting the prices and warrenty details.
• Create database environment architect diagram and mention all servers with their description
B. Backup and Recovery Plan (10 Marks)
• You must have a backup and recovery plan for the proposed database.
• Media Faluire, statement failure, and user failure are the major issues. You must address these issues in the backup and recovery plan.
• You must inlcude replicaiton in your backup plan.
C. Critically assess the limitations of SQL Server (5 Marks)
• Is SQL Server capable to handle 3000 users and a large size fast growing database? Critically evaluate the limitations of SQL Server (Enterprise version) and justiy your answer with different examples.
اسايمنت مطلوب تسلميه يوم الخميس
تاريخ المشاركة 22 November 2008 - 04:03 AM